The Junior Analyst at Blue Umbrella is part of the core foundation of the Due Diligence team whose role is to conduct the baseline research and to prepare summary reports for cases and projects that the company agrees to take on. It is the responsibility of a Junior Analyst to ensure that research work is conducted and completed at a high level of quality and in a timely manner, while working within a tight-knit team framework that could be intra or inter team.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Collect and analyze research information using a variety of media, namely, government databases, (listed) company public disclosures, Internet, and proprietary databases of major newspapers and journals
- Perform qualitative background research on the requested companies / individuals and their related associates in accordance to relevant SOPs
- Identify relevant risks, discrepancies and any information of the clients’ interest
- Accurately summarize the collected information into an English summary report applying in-house style and assist in its refinement
- Perform due diligence reviews for various purposes such as AML / KYC compliance and third party management
- Embrace continuous changes and challenges; handle ad hoc projects and assignments, often to tight deadlines
- Possess strong analytical skills with strong knowledge in conducting research in open sources and databases (i.e. Internet, government databases, and media databases)
- Language proficiency in Chinese (both Traditional and Simplified) and English, and able to consolidate Chinese and English research information into English summary
- Strong attention to detail with ability to produce accurate and quality work under tight deadlines and minimal supervision
- Possess excellence in understanding source information and able to summarize them into a report in a logical and concise manner
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Be well-organized and able to work accurately and effectively under pressure
- Be a good member working in a team
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Be a quick learner who can spot new opportunities with demonstrated initiative, diligence and attention to detail
- Be a Bachelor's degree holder
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
Blue Umbrella is a dynamic and growing team who works every day to help in Making Business Better with our governance, risk and compliance solutions and services. We value professionalism, personal growth, and the connections we make with each other. Our technology platforms are used by some of the biggest companies on the planet. For more information, please visit our website at www.blueumbrella.com.
AML RightSource is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.