To provide systems or technology specific management, configuration, design, training and expertise. "Systems" may include network or server infrastructure or software applications or services.
Troubleshoot and configure network devices including switches, routers. Liaise with vendors, third party professional services and ISP or carriers to resolve network related issues.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide Microsoft Windows Server operating system support/Desktop Support
- Monitor server performance and availability.
- Address operational systems issues including file and share permissions, user accounts and installing applications.
- Promote and maintain server patch management practices.
- Provide metrics for capacity management purposes.
- Support and maintain Active Directory.
- Knowledge and support of Group policy.
- Provide Windows Exchange Email Server Support
- Upgrade and replace server hardware where appropriate. Specialist router and switching infrastructure support.
- Provide data networking (routing and switching) skills to the organization.
- Support adds. /moves/changes to network infrastructure including routers and switches.
- Perform application impact analysis. Analyze the application traffic patterns and determine the impact to production links.
- Carry out network hardware installations including router and switch.
- Liaise with carriers and service providers to correct faults.
- Liaise with internal and external business units to identify requirements and determine business impact.
- Liaise with vendors for warranty claims, operating system bugs and feature upgrades and roadmap activities.
- Assist IT with the initial configuration of new computers such as setting up account, sharing the IP address, enable the remote access, etc.
- Setting up the computers and workstation for new joiners.
- Rearranging computers according to seating plan.
- Provide maintenance and support as required.
- Provide advice and technical support on network matters.
- Bachelor or equivalent in relevant IT fields (focusing on IT Hardware, Systems Administration or Networking)
- At least 3 years' experience in Systems Administrator or equivalent roles
- Applicants with relevant certifications (e.g. MCSE, CCNA, VCP etc.) will be looked on favorably.
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Sound knowledge of networking (switches, routers, firewalls, WAPs, VLANs etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of computer hardware components and troubleshooting
- Experience in managing and supporting Active Directory DS, DNS, DHCP and GPOs
- Strong organisational, time management and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to function in an environment of constant change;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good team player