The Proofreader role at Blue Umbrella is a member of a core functional team within the Due Diligence Department. The Proofreader works as a part of the Quality Assurance team to conduct quality assurance checks against the writing and presentation of cases and projects that the company agrees to take on to ensure that clients receive products and services that meet both company standards and client requirements. It is the responsibility of the Proofreader to ensure that research work is written and presented accurately and succinctly, and fit for delivery in a timely manner, while working within a tightknit team framework that could be intra or inter team. The Proofreader reports to the Copy Editor.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Possess a strong understanding of the research teams’ workflow and internal processes as they pertain to quality assurance
- Demonstrate an (strong) understanding of client requirements
- Conduct second-tier quality assurance checks
- Help with the efficient production of detailed accurate reports by:
- Assist with and/or provide guidance on the summarization of complex issues identified by researchers
- Evaluate and review the writing of reports, and assist the Copy Editor in making edits as required
- Provide feedback regularly to Copy Editor on trending errors and things that are well done in reports
- Provide feedback to researchers on a regular basis – either directly or through their supervisor – especially on errors that consistently appear in their work
- Resolve issues in a timely and professional manner
- Demonstrate strong communication skills – both inter- and intra-team
- Perform ad hoc projects and assignments, often to tight deadlines
- Comply and/or follow processes, standards, values of Blue Umbrella as outlined in training, policies and staff manuals
- Degree holder is a must, preferably in Journalism or related disciplines.
- Journalism experience, particularly on Greater China related matters, is a plus
- Exceptional ability in Copywriting and Editing.
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese; native English is a plus
- Reliability and efficiency with high attention to detail.
- This position is based and located in Hong Kong. Candidate must be eligible to work in Hong Kong.