The KYC Specialist at Blue Umbrella is part of the core foundation of the Due Diligence team whose role is responsible for reviewing alerts generated from the sanctions screening of client related names. The candidate will be responsible for sanctions screening, identifying hits which warrant additional research, and escalating potential sanctions violations and/or reputational/financial risks. It is the responsibility of a KYC Specialist to ensure that work is conducted and completed at a high level of quality and in a timely manner, while working within a tight-knit team framework that could be intra or inter team.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Conducting Level 1 (L1 - initial review) of sanctions screening for potential violations of Office of Foreign Asset Controls (“OFAC”) and other governmental sanctions regimes, in accordance with defined procedures. Hits are generated from, but not limited to, sanctions screening of client-related names (i.e. Beneficial owners and/or interested parties).
- Performing control reconciliation functions of daily reviews to ensure all hits are addressed/escalated
- Ensuring that policies and procedures are adhered to on a daily basis and have this evidenced.
- Developing an understanding of AML/OFAC requirements and implications.
- Identifying problem items and escalating to the Lead/Supervisor as necessary.
- Communicate professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Staying abreast of regulatory changes and AML-related news, with an emphasis on OFAC sanctions-related developments.
- Perform pre-screening and initial due diligence.
- Create client and KYC profiling in system based on the client information and documentation
- Perform name screening and enhanced due diligence as required
- Escalate any potential name screening hit
- Assist to present clarification to KYC QA and compliance to dispose the potential name screening hit or negative news.
- Discuss with KYC QA and compliance
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree, Master's Degree in any field
- Required language(s): Chinese & English
- At least 2 Year(s) of KYC experience/exposure, preferably in private banking
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability
- Able to work independently and set priorities
- Good team player